Saturday, May 12, 2012

Minority

I don't drink
I don't smoke
I don't sleep around 
I don't even swear all that often
Here in Alaska, I am the minority
Its strange really.

All my life I have been the majority. 
Raised in a good LDS home and community. 
I did what everyone else did...nothing.
I've never had to stand up for my religion before, 
or even say what my religion was, others just knew. 
Getting out of the bubble I have lived in, 
has really opened my eyes. 
And it sure does make you feel good about yourself. 

I'm proud to say I'm drug free. 
I'm proud of the fact I don't need a smoke break. 
I don't need a glass of wine this weekend
And I don't need to get wasted to solve my problems. 
Swear words aren't part of my vocabulary. 
Relationships are a BIG DEAL to me,
And I'm proud to say,
That I'm 18, and I still have my innocence
I'M LIVING MY LIFE RIGHT
and nothing feels better than to be able to say that
:)
I deserve a pat on the back
GO ME!

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS